The Cavanaugh Flight Museum is one of the nation’s premier aviation museums with over 50 aircraft from WWI through the Vietnam conflict. The museum houses some of the rarest examples of warbirds in the world including combat veterans like the P-51 Mustang, “Brat III” and the B-25 Mitchell, “How Aboot That”
The Cavanaugh Flight Museum Photo Squadron is an opportunity for photographers and enthusiasts to have exclusive access to the museums aircraft in unusual settings outside of the normal aircraft positions in the hangars.
For an annual membership fee, you can become a part of an alliance of enthusiasts dedicated to preserving historical aircraft and memorabilia while having the ability to capture images not possible as a regular visitor to the museum.
Members of the Cavanaugh Flight Museum photo Squadron will receive the following benefits:
• Once a month event with access to early morning or sunset shoots on the ramp with selected warbirds. Aviation photographer, Scott Slocum will host these events as a guide, as well as give tips on settings, angles and lighting.
• Email notification on visiting aircraft
• Special shooting access during museum flying events
• Unlimited, complementary admission to the museum
• Free admission to Warbirds Over Addison and Fall Fly Days
• 10% off museum merchandise
• Receive Museum newsletter that includes aviation photo tips that will feature some of the best images selected from squadron members after each club outing
The annual club fee is $195 ($150 if you already have a museum membership) and is tax-deductible to the extent of the law. All proceeds go the Cavanaugh Flight Museum, a non-profit 501 (C)3 organization
Planned monthly events scheduled so far are:
• Glacier Girl P-38 – May 17th Sunrise
• F9F Panther outside with wings folded and down – June 27th Sunrise
• “Kaboom Town” warbird fireworks shoot – July 3rd After dark
• Sopwith Camel and Fokker DR1 outside together - August 8th Sunrise
• Dusk run –up with P-51 Mustang showing blue flames from exhaust – September 6th dusk (Light Painting seminar)
• Visiting P-40s – September 26th Sunset shoot
• Spitfire and ME 109 outside together – October 10th Sunrise
• Dawn patrol, start and run the Fokker DVII – November 21st morning shoot
• B-25 outside with P-51 – December 12th sunset shoot
Existing Members please call 972-380-8800 x-100 to add your CFM Photo Squadron Membership.